Ruth B. Stern
Unparalleled at: An accomplished Entrepreneur and Executive in effecting real results, Ruth’s experience in product/brand development and retail realignment has formed her unique insight into the complexities of change and actualizing growth. She’s repositioned existing businesses and created new ones in independent and corporate environments. Her strength is assembling “collaborative contributors” and invoking achievement.
A resourceful forward-looking consumerist, Ruth’s expertise in delivering results evolved from a career spanning diverse industries. Her eye for new business opportunity and her vigilance with critical success factors such as timeliness and consumer acceptability is Ruth’s unique forte.
In Beauty products Ruth saw a need, formed a company, secured investors, assembled a team of collaborating experts and created The Mixer™, a unique USA patent pending hair colour applicator. In Natural Health products her consultancy the balance shop inc. was the Brand Marketing Director behind the growth of Nutrition House Canada Inc. In Fashion rising to executive, she was instrumental in repositioning Fashion Retail chains throughout Canada and the USA.
New Technology, New Market Entrant, New Venture Creation
- Envisioned an industry disruptive technology, developed and launched a new product and created a new market entrant business, Colour Revolution Inc.
- Launched The Mixer™ in New York and established North American-wide retail distribution; with Douglas in the USA, with The Bay in Canada, created an e-commerce store and secured National TV coverage on the USA Home Shopping Network.
Product Line Design and Development
- Conceptualized and launched the national product line extension, Nutrition House Extra.
- Established a Marketing fund to finance private label product development, marketing, PR, communications, web site development and CRM maximization.
Communication Platform Design
- Created the Aging Smart communications platform.
- Engaging the consumer through educational literature, product fairs, seminars and web development.
Customer Segment, Product Line Extension
- Introduced highly profitable, “brand-within-a-brand”, concept creating Cotton Ginny’s large size product extension.
- Created a division and transformed the buying department of the specialty chain of 300+ stores into an internally design-driven vertical operation to ensure product differentiation.
Deferring Losses and Profit Improvement
- Consulted with two Quebec based retail chains Le Chateau and Addition Elle, resulting in reducing losses and improving their profit through merchandising operational review, analysis and restructuring.
President Colour Revolution Inc. (Consumer Products)
- Founder of a new consumer products company that designed, manufactured, branded and brought to market, The Mixer, an innovative patent pending hair colour product.
President the balance shop inc. (Marketing Consultancy)
- Retained ‘Executive in Residence’ as Director Brand Development Nutrition House Canada Inc., directing national Marketing Communications and Merchandising activities growing the franchise from 20 to 65 locations.
Fashion Corporate Executive (Merchandising)
- Director Merchandising & Design Cotton Ginny Limited; V.P. Merchandising Brettons In both companies repositioned and differentiated each “brand” through restructuring both the CG specialty chain of 300+ locations and the Brettons 95M specialty department store with 9 locations across Canada.
Specialty Store Senior Management (New Store Concept Development)
- Director Merchandising/Design Pastille California/Cherry Lane Australia
- Contracted to create two new USA national retail chains, Pastille a Division Neiman Marcus Group for the untapped contemporary market and Cherry Lane to introduce the Australian specialty chain to the North American market.
Retail Executive Merchandising/Operations Management (Canada/USA)
- Fairweather, Addition-elle, Le Chateau, Bullocks, Leon Max, Nordstoms directed various retail management functions including buying, design, product development, marketing, merchandising and operations management.